Plan Code: 4061
The focus of this program of study is preparation for setting up a developmentally appropriate, viable child care business from home.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Design and diagram a developmentally appropriate learning centered room arrangement in family child care.
- Design and evaluate the environment and day to day policies and procedures for implementing a family childcare program.
For graduation with a Certificate of Accomplishment - Permit Specialization Area, as defined on the State Child Development Matrix for a master teacher:
- Complete one specialization area with a minimum grade of “C” in each course.
- Complete 24 units in Early Childhood Education, including CDECE 45 Child & Adolescent Development DS1 or CDECE 47 Human Development, and CDECE 48 Child, Family and Community D2, in addition to the six required in the area of specialization (for a total of 30 ECE credits).
- Fifty percent (50%) or more of the six units required for the specialization must be completed in residence (credit earned by exam, where applicable, may be included) at LBCC.
- Complete 16 general education units.
- Complete 2 units of Adult Supervision.
During your final semester of course work, complete and submit the online certificate/graduation application form, which is available through the Viking Student Portal. Deadlines for graduation applications are posted at https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/registration-dates.
|Code Number||Course Title||Units|
|CDFDC 212A||Family Child Care Management A||3|
|CDFDC 212B||Family Child Care Management B||3|