Plan Code: 4122
The focus of this program of study is on planning, implementing and evaluating curriculum activities for young children in early care and education environments.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing resources and approaches to selecting and developing science and mathematic activities and curriculum for young children.
- Plan and demonstrate developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant, and respectful music and movement activities.
- Develop and organize a comprehensive art and creativity portfolio which includes developmentally appropriate activities to engage children with open-ended materials.
For graduation with a Certificate of Accomplishment - Permit Specialization Area, as defined on the State Child Development Matrix for a master teacher:
- Complete one specialization area with a minimum grade of “C” in each course.
- Complete 24 units in Early Childhood Education, including CDECE 45 Child & Adolescent Development DS1 or CDECE 47 Human Development, and CDECE 48 Child, Family and Community D2, in addition to the six required in the area of specialization (for a total of 30 ECE credits).
- Fifty percent (50%) or more of the six units required for the specialization must be completed in residence (credit earned by exam, where applicable, may be included) at LBCC.
- Complete 16 general education units.
- Complete 2 units of Adult Supervision.
During your final semester of course work, complete and submit the online certificate/graduation application form, which is available through the Viking Student Portal. Deadlines for graduation applications are posted at https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/registration-dates.
|Code Number||Course Title||Units|
|Complete SIX (6) units from the following:|
|Art & Creative Dev. in Early Childhood D3 (3)|
|Music & Movement in Early Childhood D3 (3)|
|Constructivist STEM Ed Early Childhood (3)|